Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tanto, I love you and Frida!

At the Maker Faire before I had to bail, I met the craftiest little couple out of Houston. The lady (of the male and female craft duo) runs a sweet crafty blog called Tanto. The encounter was quite hazy until I saw my gal pal blue mama rockin' one of Tanto's super fabulous, President Elect Obama, brooches. That is when I remembered that the lady I met had been wearing a Frida brooch that I coveted the moment I spotted it. So not only had Blue mama managed to grab a brooch, she also got contact info( she is smart as whip I tell you). I let Tanto know I wanted one of those beautiful Frida brooches and within a week it arrived at my house!!! She made it specifically for me !It came beautifully packaged(always thrilling)...and is super sturdy and well made!!! My new Frida embellishment came just in time for our trip to San Antonio~ I sported it all over that river walk! ( Gotta love a timely accessory)I love it and I definitely need more! I am sure if you(and who wouldn't) wanted one for yourself you could contact her via Her etsy ,or her blog, and she could accommodate you.
(~don't you just love her fabulous style)

2 comments:

Blue Mama said...

It's gorgeous, I love it!! She totally nailed your style, too! That's perfect for you. I think I need another... ;)

born to fete said...

hey lady, i'm still so glad that you liked your brooch! I have been crafting like crazy, but it was the first time in a long time I got to make something specifically for someone!

your blog makes me smile!