Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Clutches in the Shop

~I think I mentioned that I was working on a series of small clutches when I designed my latest tutorial for making Fabric collages. I just added the first of these new clutches to my online shop.
....This little fold over bag is a perfect date night purse or stash bag for your larger purse. ...The closure is a elastic with vintage plastic button.These are all made from my fabric scraps using some new and some recycled vintage materials. All the Buttons are recycled vintage. The bag measures 7"x6" when fastened. Each one is unique there will be no two a like.

~The Lunch Clutch features recycled vintage 1960's tablecloth featuring flatware , ..lemons and strawberries in warm yellows greens, browns and reds. The background color is a very beautiful, very pale yellow.The lining is new cotton. I Love the fake wood grain repeated through the design. This fabric is kinda kooky and kitsch and cotton of course!
~I love this fabric for The Houndstooth clutch( there is a skirt of this fabric in my future) . The outer fabric is a houndstooth print of red cherry and a sandy beige ( such a nice combo)on skinny corduroy. ...The lining is a lovely compliment in green recycled cotton.(I love that big ol' ivory~Esq plastic button goes so well with the sand colored print)

~The Elephant Clutch is probably my favorite maybe because is a special homage to my little burger, and his love of elephants.
...The outer fabric is a safari green linen. ...The back panel has a vintage upholstery scrap with an elephant on it . ...There are also 4 decorative vintage buttons across the back panel. ...The lining is a recycled vintage scrap cotton.
~So that is the first set I will post a new group in a few weeks.

No comments: