Wednesday, January 12, 2011

new aprons; my wintry mix


~I have quite a few new aprons to share. I made a few custom ordered for gifts. Also I have been out at the Barton creek farmers market, and I always like to several aprons available there. I also had the chance to donate an apron for the KOOP radio sweet 16 birthday party auction at Antone's tomorrow night January 13Th So if you are local you should check it out! the event looks like a fun time and I love Kelly Willis~especially in this video form the "90s on Texas connection....wow







~The apron I made for the KOOP auction is a chicken apron with a coop ( of course I forgot to photograph it!) It is a little similar to this custom chicken family apron. This apron was made using only re purposed and vintage fabrics as well. I really love the little coop on the pocket. I made this apron while I was working on my my little house ornaments last month.





~The owl apron was also a custom apron and was also made entirely from vintage and re purposed fabrics.


~and was also made entirely from vintage and re purposed fabrics




The last one is my prairie girl apron. I am working on a few of these in different colors right now. I love this little bonnet girl fabric, Kg's grandma gave me some quilt pieces from his great grandma that are very similar to this square, that I treasure. So when I found the fabric at the local treat, Stitch lab I snatched some up. If you are in Austin and have not gone to stitch lab you are missing out of some treasured fabrics. While working on these aprons, I can feel the ushering in of my spring color palette . I still have this apron and will show you the other ones as I finish them.... toodles

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM ALL!! You are a awesome sewer. Thank you for sharing this.

Unknown said...

lovely aprons!!!! I am new here and if you want you can check out my blog, hope you like it.

Lo Christine said...

these are all fabulous!!